How to make a gif like this: (full tutorial)
I’m gonna say a thing first, I wasted my time doing this, showing to you everything that I did learn by myself, with no help, I’m doing this because I know how much is hard you try to make something and simply don’t to know how. So, the only thing I’m asking for is: like or reblog this post. (sorry about my english by the way).
Basically the most important thing is the quality of your video. The ones I use are always 720p.mkv (bluray when it’s possible) and web dl. These videos has an incredible quality and neatness. I make my downloads by torrent.
To make a gif like this, you’ll need:
(I’m gonna put direct links because I’d explain everything here, but I’d get very tired.)
- Basic know about photoshop.
- Photoshop - cs5 portable x x cs4 x
- The Km Player - baixaki x
- Topaz Denoise - just click on denoise (mac) x
serial: 575979-100524-406673-324850-397386 (x)
Install it with closed photoshop, and when you’re done open it, and check out if it is there. If not go to > edit > preferences > plug-ins > Additional Plugins Folder and find where is saved your topaz (it may be on program files)
Let’s go: Step 1 - Cap the frames
- Open your video on The Km Player, choose the scene you want to make a gif, now pause it and press Ctrl + G. Let these settings on the window.
- Now start and stop between the part that you wanna gif.
Step 2 - Loading the frames on photoshop.
- File > Scripts > Load Files Into Stack > Browse.
Now find the file named Capture. Or just paste the place that is written ater extract to as ex:
Now select the frames that will become your gif.
- Press ok > ok again. Wait it load. Now look at the top of your ps, select Window > Animation. Then you gotta to “make frames from layers”.
- Select All frames (the same place you’ve clicked to make frames from layers) And click to change the seconds of each frame, click on 0.1 seconds. We don’t need all frames to make a gif, so delete half of them a yes a no (select all odd numbers or pair), you can press Ctrl to help you.
- Now reverse them, to let it right. Press Ctrl + Alt + i (or image > image size) and resize it to 500 pixels of width. The pattern width of tumblr. If you’ll post it at photosets with 2 columns then it should has 245 pixels, if it’d have 3 then it should be 160 pixels.
Step 3 - Coloring
- At first time, may be difficult but isn’t. Click on window then adjustments. Make sure that first layer is selected. You can play with the settings, feel free. But I’m gonna show you exactly the ones I used in this gif.
- You just need realize which are the colors your cap is in general.
- brightness 64, contrast 0.
2- Hue Saturation:
ps: This cap doesn’t have many colors, most yellow/orange, so when you have a different one, with blue and green as example, on hue saturation choice the blue setting as top and increase the saturation. Like I made on this gif.
- now go to seletive color.
- I put this gradient Map just for balance the colors, but this is optinional.
Now you can see the difference of before and after.
Step 4 - Sharpening
- The layers should be both selected, on this tutorial you’ll learn how to sharpen gif by gif and creat an action.
- Back to where I was, go to Filter > Sharpen > Smart Sharpen.
- These are my Smart Sharpen Settings:
- Now you’ll sharpen all layers, each at a time. Here you can see how they should be selected. Do it at all frames you got. Just press Ctrl + F.
When you finish to sharpen, your gif will probably has a horrible sharpened background. Look:
Sorry I had to freeze the background (delete some layers and decrease the colors, but it doesn’t really matter okay) to upload it here. But as I said, it looks bad and that’s the why I told you about Topaz Denoise.
- It works like you’d make sharpen, so you have to do the same thing. Filter > Topaz Labs > Topaz Denoise.
Let these settings:
- Press okay, now you’ll probably have to insert the Serial Number, just copy and paste the ones that I wrote up there.
- Now, do it at all layers, with Ctrl + F.
I froze the background to decrease the size, because tumblr is sucks and you have a limit of 1mb per gif. (if you want a tutorial about how to freeze the background ask me that)
Step 5 - Saving
- File > Save to Web and Devices.
- Your gif only will work if it got less than 1mb, it means that when it ends with “k” will work, and when it ends with mb it wont.
- Let these settings (here you can see best)
- Do not forget to Like or Reblog if it will usefull to you.
- I wanna keep making Tutorials, and I don’t know what to do, so ask me what you want being specific :) I hope you like!! And i’m sorry about the english, I hope you have understood at least :3
Download the psd: x
11 months ago
— 492 notes / source
| yeahps, itsphotoshop, tutorial, gif tutorial, coloring tutorial, tutorials, resources, how to gif, sharpen, sharpening, topaz denoise, my tutorial,